Friday, February 20, 2015

Swimming Saga

Would he give up? Or would he continue?
If you are mulling over sending your child for swimming classes, then this is for you!

Swimming Saga

Summer came visiting again and this time it was the swimming class that caught my son, Dev, and his father’s fancy. Our neighbour’s son, Dev’s best friend, swam superbly well without any training and had impressed my husband with his swift moves in water more than once. It was not only him, but me too who secretly wished our son too would swim equally well, given a formal training. I still don’t know how to swim, and Dev’s father knows a few tricks, but has a lot more to learn. Secretly we wished Dev would make up for that.

My eight-year-old rushed down the steps in his swimming costume, a mass of energy and enthusiasm, my husband in tow. After an hour, the father returned, looking happy and satisfied. In three days the smile vanished! Within a week, his face had knitted eyebrows and my son began coming home with a glum face. What was going wrong?!

“You’re not following Sir’s instructions properly,” the father grumbled to which Dev said meekly, “But I am.”

“He is not concentrating during the class,” my husband complained the very moment I opened the door to the duo next day.

My little daughter Vini had been keeping me busy and so I didn’t really know what was going on in the pool. Forever patient with his children, I had no reason to doubt my husband was wrong in judging Dev’s efforts to learn the art of swimming. I didn’t take it very seriously though, and said some words of encouragement. But I thought he didn’t really need that because he was most likely not focusing enough but would be compelled to do so by the trainer soon. There wasn’t any significant change in the next few classes though. Time was running out, because there were to be around twenty classes in this session. Now I felt I had to be a little firm.

“Why aren’t you observing Sir’s movements?...............

Grab a copy of my book 'Rays and Rains' from flipkart to find out if Dev could tackle the unsavoury situation.....

http://www.flipkart.com/rays-rains-colourful-diary-life-journey-parents-children-english/p/itmefspxbpnpyvsu?pid=9781482833638&otracker=from-search&srno=t_5&query=rays+and+rains&ref=5a40d318-c780-42d6-a039-a51b8aea907d


No comments:

Post a Comment